June 21, 2020

Father’s Day 2020

After more than a decade of dad duty, I know that it’s a rewarding gig. Sure, there’s lots of responsibility and angst. For all that, there’s an equal measure of wonder and pride as your kids develop and taste life. That’s the stage when celebrating your own dad becomes extra sweet. As a dad, you know your own papa has earned it.
My brother Steve-O and I recognize our Dad is a special guy. Because he is still rockin’ it.
I’m not talking about his musical taste (well, George Thorogood & The Destroyers is one good choice, ABBA not so much). Nope. I’m talking the whole enchilada
- Staying healthy and active; golfing his ass off
- Maintaining a robust foreign travel schedule, excepting COVID-19
- Rambling around the continent in his sports sedan
- Still charming the ladies with his singular brand of New Brunswick-infused machismo
- Forever being a stand-up guy with family, friends and neighbors alike
- Still rooting for the Senators and the Ticats
- And yes, still helping and advising his sons. It never ends!

We could go on, but you get the picture. In short, we love and respect our dad. Happy Father’s Day!
In closing, a couple of notes from the sons:

From Steve-O: This picture is from my most recent birthday. Thanks Dad for everything for the past thirty years.

From me: “Shikoku awaits!

No comments: